Friday, January 16, 2009

Del.icio.us - #13

I really like the portability aspect of Delicious' setup. I work with multiple computers at work and I use a lot of different websites. So the ability to bookmark a web page once and have it apply everywhere could be very convenient. And I can see where the sharing could be helpful.

On the other hand, when it comes to my personal interests I'm not as wild about sharing everything. Although I *did* notice the user has the option to 'not share'. (Which kinda defeats a big chunk of the purpose, but I like the option.) And the import feature made it really easy to copy my bookmarked favorites from my computer to Delicious.

As far as using other people's tags. . . .The sheer number is more than a little overwhelming.

I'm not sure if I'll start using it regularly. It's got possibilities so we'll see. . .

No comments: