Thursday, January 15, 2009

RSS Feeds

I like the concept of RSS Feeds. (When I'm building web pages for work I *really* like them so I can include updated information. For example, a web page about gardening in south Texas with water saving plants can include the daily reading of the well for the Edwards Aquifer, reminding people of how close water restrictions are.) But my main email account doesn't work with RSS feeds. :-( That complicates things.

I created a Gmail account, and a Gmail reader, but now I have another place I have to remember to check. I've had my main email account for years, so everyone knows that account and I don't really want to switch. *snicker* Listen to me whine about what amounts to an embarrassment of riches. I guess I just need to get into the habit of checking. I do wish Google would let me delete the individual entries to the feed. I understand they believe their search makes it easy to find specific posts, but I find it cluttered.

I like Seattle Public Library's Shelf Talk. It's usually interesting, fairly short and they try to make it light. I *love* Unshelved -- the daily cartoon about working in a library. It's funny and for anyone who's ever worked in public service.

No comments: