Friday, January 16, 2009

Google Docs - #18

*looks down* Well, as you can see I've got the basic idea down, but my execution could use a little work. *snicker* Apparently Google Docs automatically creates the document on standard letter size paper, and when I publish the document to my blog (with the main post area considerably smaller) the results are less than optimal. Oops.

I can see where online apps would be very helpful to small or informal organizations. A large organization or company (like the place I work for) will undoubtedly offer desktop applications to their employees. But for a small organization, like a church, or an informal group like the local writing group, Google Docs has tremendous potential. (Even a large company could find it useful for small temporary work groups. Individuals could work on the documents from Google Docs instead of swapping the documents around and hoping that everyone's working from the same version.)

I can definitely see myself using Google Docs specifically in the future for some group projects. I like this lesson's application.

No comments: